Pinburgh 2013: Changes for 2013
This is a list of differences between Pinburgh 2012 and Pinburgh 2013.
- The entry fee has been raised from $100 to $150.
As always, admission to the facility will be completely free.
- We have restricted the event to a maximum of 400 players.
- We have added a D Division, to reflect the broader range of skill
levels amongst so many players.
- We have further clarified skill-based division restrictions.
- We have changed the Major Malfunction rule
to add balls from a new game,
rather than requiring a complete replay as the only option.
- We are collecting league affiliations at registration time.
- We will no longer create "widowed" tiers of 4 players when the
tier size is greater than 8, to avoid "trapping" the same group of players
together in consecutive sessions.
- Certain machines are now designated as single-player, in order to
minimize the effects of jackpot rollover and lock stealing.
- 2-player and 1-player groups are now possible under specific
circumstances when one or more players are absent. These should be
- We will open one day early this year, in order to run the
Circuit Final event. There will be no Pinburgh
competition on this day, but spectators are welcome and the facility will
be open to the public. Practice on tournament machines will only be
available on this day (Thursday).
- There will be a short warm-up tournament when the doors open at
9am on Friday, to encourage attendance and player check-in.
- We are running a shuttle to three hotels.
- We will be reserving parking directly in front of the facility for
- We have added a remote parking lot, which the shuttle will visit.
- The Sidepot! has been eliminated, due to a lack of interest.